Scout Show 2013
Hi Troop 565 Boys and Families -
Results are in ... WE WON BEST IN SHOW!
Great effort from our boys and adults with the Entrepreneurship merit badge! Many meetings of preparation and a solid day's work.
We issued 71 Entrepreneurship merit badges today! Each boy went through the stations in the booth to earn the badge. We covered all the requirements as the boys investigated product and service businesses. We issued our own money supply, a special scrip in one and five buck denominations. The pioneering project provided a service business to learn and teach pioneering (for scrip pay, of course). We defined entrepreneurship with posters designed by the boys. We held interviews with our own entrepreneurs. The boys each did a worksheet covering business making concepts. There was an innovative 3D printing display, showing the potential of this new technology. 3D printed neckerchief slides were available for purchase, with troop scrip, of course. The merit badge culminated with a strawberry / banana / chocolate fountain station and popcorn (again for sale with our troop money and with a business service from boys earning the merit badge).
I hope no one was missed that helped today. The boys worked hard in each station. Here goes ...
- Thomas Vaughan (scrip design, MB counselor)
- Pete Zolkos (pioneering, MB counselor)
- Alex Sammoury (entrepreneur interviewee, MB counselor, chocolate fountain)
- Sammoury (check in and processing)
- Joe Carey (entrepreneur interviewee, MB counselor)
- Trudi Boaz (check in and processing)
- Randy Opp (business descriptions, worksheets)
- Paul Hartigan (business descriptions, worksheets)
- Cathy Hartigan (set up)
- Jim Cramer (materials provided and MB counselor)
- me (scoutmaster sign off, etc.)
In all the troop meeting preparations, many other boys and adults participated too.
Boy Scouts is a quality program. Our troop is free within the system to chart our own path to success. This Liberty allows us to undertake projects shaping our boys to become fine young men.
See Current Calendar for Details
- Scout Show - April 20
- Garek's Eagle Court of Honor - April 28
- Gary's Eagle Court of Honor - May 5
- Abraham's Eagle Court of Honor - May 19
- Aspen/Glenwood Bike Ride - August 9 & 10